• 년도별 기념식 자료
  • 노벨평화상 수상기념식

년도별 기념식 자료

7주년 노벨상 7주년 기념 주요연설 - 임채정 국회의장 축사

본문

주요연설

4631e3c692a7afe0569b16f1ccb3bebb_1642920599_0281.jpg

임채정 국회의장

존경하는 김대중대통령님 내외분!! 그리고 오늘 자리를 함께하신 내외귀빈 여러분!! 먼저 김대중대통령의 노벨 평화상 수상 7주년을 진심으로 축하드립니다.

7년 전 12월 10일, '군나르 베르게 노벨상 위원장은 그해 노벨 평화상 수상식장에서 김대중 대통령님께 “첫 번째 떨어지는 물방울이 가장 용감하다”고 말한 바 있습니다.

그날의 그 물방울은 이제 한반도의 안정과 공동번영, 그리고 동북아 평화를 향한 큰 강줄기로 흐르고 있습니다.

김대중 대통령께서는 그동안 숱한 어려움 속에서도 한반도 평화에 대한 일념으로 주변 4대국을 설득하고 국제사회의 전폭적인 지지와 협력을 받는 남북관계의 신기원을 개척하셨습니다.

저는 7년 전 6.15 정상회담과 6.15 공동선언이야말로 김대중식 평화 노선의 구현이며, 평화민주 세력의 정책 방향이 옳았음을 증명하는  승리의 쾌거였다고 지금도 생각하고 있습니다.

아울러 그 후에도 한반도에 먹구름이 밀려올 때마다 탁견과 혜안으로 이를 극복하는데 앞장서 오신 김대중 대통령님께 다시 한번 존경과 감사의 뜻을 표하는 바입니다.

김대중 대통령님은 7년 전 노벨 평화상 수상 연설에서 “노벨 평화상이야말로 세계 모든 인류에게 평화를 위해 헌신하도록 격려하는 숭고한 메시지”라는 소감을 피력하셨습니다. 그리고 그 자리에서, “지금도 버마에서는 고난의 투쟁이 계속되고 있지만 언젠가는 민주주의와 대의 정치가 부활하는 날이 올 것”이라며 버마의 민주화에 대한 희망을 강조하셨습니다. 실제 김대중 대통령은 야당 시절이나, 대통령으로 재직 중일 때 그리고 오늘까지 버마의 아픔을 함께하고 그들을 지원하는 일에 앞장서고 계십니다.

오늘, 버마 민주화를 염원하는 행사가 함께 열리게 된 것도, 평소 김 대통령의 민주주의에 대한 투철한 의지와 자유ㆍ인권ㆍ평화에 대한 열망의 발로라고 생각합니다.

지난 시절, 우리가 겪었던 상황과도 크게 다르지 않을 것입니다. 과거 한국의 민주화운동이 고비에 처할 때마다 세계의 양심들은 우리에게 격려와 지원을 아끼지 않았습니다. 그 힘이 보태졌기에 우리는 더 큰 용기를 얻을 수 있었습니다.

그리고 마침내 국민의 힘으로 오늘의 자유롭고 풍요로운 나라, 인권과 정의가 구현되는 나라를 이룩할 수 있었던 것입니다.

지금 독재에 시름하는 버마 국민들은 ‘한국을 민주주의의 상징’처럼 생각하고 있다고 합니다. 이제는 우리가 버마인들의 기나 긴 아픔을 치유하고 돕는데 앞장서 나가야 할 것입니다. 지금 매주 화요일, 서울의 도심에서는 ‘프리 버마 캠페인’이 열리고 있습니다.

그 캠페인의 구호는 “버마 민주화는 아시아의 평화”라는 것입니다. 버마는 우리에게 더 상 먼 나라도, 낯선 나라도 아닙니다. 버마의 상황은 불과 얼마 전까지 우리의 모습이기도 했습니다.

따라서 버마 민주화에 대한 지원은 인류 보편의 가치에 대한 헌신이자, 동시에 우리의 민주주의를 지키고 더욱 발전시키겠다는 결연한 의지를 함께 되새기는 일이기도 할 것입니다.

오늘 다시한번 우리에게 민주주의의 가치와 소중함에 대해 진지하게 고민할 수 있는 계기를 마련해 주신 김대중 대통령님과 김대중 평화센터에 감사드리며, 버마의 민주화에 대한 여러분 모두의 더욱 적극적인 관심과 노력을 촉구하고 기대하는 바입니다.

감사합니다.  

Honorable KIM Dae Jung and his wife Mrs. LEE Hee Ho! And distinguished guests who are gathering here today!

First of all, I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations on the seventh anniversary of Honorable Former President Kim's receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.

On December 10 seven years ago, former Nobel Committee Chairman Gunnar Berge said to then-Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Kim, "The first drop was the bravest," in the Nobel Prize Peace Award Ceremony.

The very first drop now adds up to make everything run over so that we achieve security, co-prosperity on the Korean peninsula and peace in the Northeast Asian region.

President Kim made a epochal breakthrough for the inter-Korean relations, despite all the adversities that he had been through, by convincing four neighboring countries and gaining full support and cooperation from the international community with the sole objective of peace on the Korean peninsula.

I still believe that it is the June 15 South-North Summit and Joint Declaration of seven years ago that are the manifestation of President Kim's unique peace line, essence of his diplomatic power and brilliant achievement of victory, vividly showing that peace demonstrators were guiding us in the right direction.

Let me, once again, pay respect and express my sincere appreciation to Honorable President Kim for having taken the lead since then, in overcoming many difficulties with his far-sightedness and wise insight whenever dark clouds were hanging over the peninsula.

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen!
    In an address delivered in acceptance of Nobel Peace Prize, President Kim said, "Nobel Peace Prize is a NOBLE MESSAGE encouraging me to dedicate myself to the peace for all mankind."

And he went on to emphasize that although Burma was still undergoing hardships and struggles, democracy and representative politics would be returned to life one day, stressing hopes for the democratization of Burma.

Actually, President Kim has been a front figure in sharing sorrows with Burma and supporting the Burmese people whether while he was in the opposition party or during his term of presidency.

Today's event for the democratization of Burma in parallel with commemoration of the seventh anniversary of his receiving the Nobel Peace Prize is a clear indication of his firm determination to achieve democracy and aspiration for liberty, human rights and peace.

Currently, Burma is witnessing violation of freedom, human rights of its people and even their life are being threatened under the brutal dictatorial regime.

It is no different from what we suffered in the past days.

Whenever Korea's democratic movement was faced with obstacles, conscience of the world spared no efforts to provide us with encouragement and support.

Empowered by such assistance, we were able to work up the courage.

And finally, combined efforts of the Korean people made our country a freer and richer one that we have today and a place where human rights and justice can be ensured.

The people of Burma, who are suffering from the authoritarian regime, now refer to Korea as the symbol of democracy.

Every Tuesday, 'Free Burma Campaign' is being held at the central parts of Seoul.

The slogan is "Democratization of Burma leads to Asia's peace."

Burma is neither far away nor unfamiliar to us any longer. The country mirrors the experiences that we had not a long time ago.

Therefore, Kim's commitment in favor of democracy in Burma can be interpreted as his devotion to defending universal human values and at the same time, strong will to secure and further promote democracy.

Once again, I would like to extend my deep gratitude to Honorable former President KIM Dae Jung and the Kim Dae-jung Peace Center for giving us a great opportunity to be reminded of democratic values and their significance. I am also very much looking forward to your active support for and hard efforts in the democratization of Burma.

Thank you very much.

Total 59건 4 페이지
    • RSS
    년도별 기념식 자료 목록
    번호 제목 글쓴이 조회
    14 7주년
    평화센터
    조회 Hit 1508           
    평화센터 1508
    13 7주년
    평화센터
    조회 Hit 1381