로고

김대중평화센터
  • 노벨평화상 수상기념식
  • 년도별 기념식 자료
  • 노벨평화상 수상기념식

년도별 기념식 자료

7주년 노벨상 7주년 기념 - 해외메세지 - 빌 클린턴 전대통령

본문

대통령님은 한국의 자유와 민주주의를 위한 굴하지 않는 용기와 노력 때문에 수감 및 망명생활까지 하셨습니다. 그리고 한국 최초의 평화적 정권 교체를 통해 대통령에 당선되시어 민주주의를 더 강화하고 한국민의 번영을 위해 노력하셨습니다. 또한 은퇴 후에도 전직 대통령으로서 노벨평화상이 상징하는 바를 몸소 실천하고 계십니다.  

함께 재임하던 시절 저는 대통령님의 평화, 민주주의, 인권에 대한 신념이 얼마나 강하고 지속적인지 직접 볼 수 있었습니다. 민주주의가 위협받을 때는 언제 어디서나 모범적 행동을 통하여 진실되고 굴하지 않는 민주주의의 수호자임을 보여주셨습니다.  

저의 소중한 벗 대통령님의 노벨평화상 수상을 다시 한 번 축하드리며, 대통령님의 선의의 숭고한 노력이 큰 성공을 거두시기 바랍니다.  

빌 클린턴

I am delighted to add my heartfelt congratulations to the many you'll be receiving as you celebrate the seventh anniversary of your being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

From the time you spent in prison and in exile because of your courageous and unyielding efforts to bring freedom and democracy to your country; throughout your Presidency, to which you ascended through your nation's first peaceful transition of power, and which you used to solidify its allegiance to democracy and bring prosperity to your people; and now, as a former president, you have proven yourself worthy of the honor awarded you and all it stands for.

It the years we served together, I saw firsthand how strong and enduring was your commitment to peace, democracy, and human rights. By deed and by example, you have shown yourself to be a true and undeterred defender of democracy, standing up for it whenever and wherever it is threatened.

Congratulations again, my friend, on a well-deserved honor, and best wishes for much success in your good and noble endeavors.

Sincerely,

Bill Clinton

Total 11건 1 페이지
    • RSS
    년도별 기념식 자료 목록
    번호 제목 글쓴이 조회
    11 7주년
    평화센터
    조회 Hit 1370           
    평화센터 1370
    10 7주년
    평화센터