• 년도별 기념식 자료
  • 6·15 남북정상회담

년도별 기념식 자료

12주년 6·15 남북정상회담 12주년 - 2부 특별강연 - 이희호 이사장 인사말

본문

이희호 이사장 인사말 

1c526801cc3d7797ac6fb33ba9723ed4_1649685397_398.jpg

존경하는 박원순 서울시장, 임동원, 백낙청, 정세현, 김성재 행사위원장을 비롯한 내외 귀빈 여러분

오늘 남북정상회담 12주년을 맞아 학술회의와 기념식을 갖게 된 것을 감사드립니다. 오전부터 진행된 학술회의에서 발표와 토론을 맡아주신 학자 여러분과 훌륭한 강연을 해주신 백낙청 교수님께 감사를 드립니다.

존경하는 여러분!

저는 12년전 김대중 대통령과 김정일 국방위원장이 맺은 6.15남북공동선언은 반세기 분단의 역사에 종지부를 찍고 민족의 화해와 통일로 가자는 약속이었다고 생각합니다. 또한 6.15공동선언은 이제는 남과 북이 함께 손잡고 세계로 나아가 한민족의 새 역사를 개척해 보자는 선언이었다고 생각합니다.

우리는 12년전 6.15남북정상회담을 지켜보며 이제는 분단의 사슬을 끊을 수 있겠다는 희망을 가졌습니다. 남과 북의 바닷길, 하늘길, 땅길이 열리고, 금강산관광이 이뤄지고, 개성공단이 건설되고, 이산가족들이 상봉하는 것을 보면서 그 희망이 실현되는 듯이 보였습니다. 6.15공동선언은 2007년 10.4선언으로 이어졌습니다.

그러나 2008년 새 정부가 들어서면서 남북관계는 하나하나 무너져 내렸습니다. 남북간의 왕래는 중단되고, 심지어 무력충돌이 일어나고 전쟁의 위협마저 느껴야 했습니다. 북한 핵문제 해결을 위한 6자회담은 중단되었습니다. 어쩌다 이렇게 되었습니까? 그 이유는 새 정부가 6.15남북공동선언과 10.4선언을 승계하지 않았기 때문입니다.

지난 5년 가까운 시간 동안 남북관계 중단으로 얻은 것은 없습니다. 북한은 여전히 핵을 개발하고 있고, 주변국에 위협이 되고 있습니다. 남북관계가 단절된 사이 중국은 더욱 북한을 품안으로 끌어들였습니다. 남과 북의 긴장은 과거 냉전시대와 다름 없는 상황이 되었습니다. 지난 5년은 남북관계에서 ‘잃어버린 5년’이 되고 말았습니다.

존경하는 여러분!

희망의 불씨를 다시 살려내야 하겠습니다. 60년이 넘는 분단의 역사, 이 치욕의 역사를 더이상 후손에게 물려주어서는 안 됩니다. 당장 통일은 어렵더라도 남과 북이 이웃나라들처럼 교류하고 왕래하는 관계로 돌아가야 합니다. 전쟁이나 무력충돌의 위협 속에서 언제까지 살아갈 수는 없기 때문입니다.

6.15남북정상회담 12주년을 맞아 우리 모두 남북의 화해와 협력을 위한 길을 찾는 일에 더욱 노력할 것을 다짐합시다. 6.15공동선언을 실천해 나갈수 있게 힘써야 하겠습니다. 특히 저도 기회가 된다면 평양을 방문하고자 합니다. 올해 말에 있을 대통령 선거에서 남북의 화해와 협력을 추진할 수 있는 정부가 들어설 수 있도록 힘을 모읍시다.

이번 12주년 행사는 서울시가 공동주관하게 되었습니다. 다시 한번 박원순 시장님께 감사의 말씀을 드립니다. 서울시가 다른 지방자치단체들과 함께 남북 교류협력 사업에도 성과를 낼 수 있기를 바랍니다.

참석하신 모든 분들께 감사드립니다.

여러분의 가정에 행운과 건강하시길 기원합니다.

감사합니다.

Remark by Madam Lee Hee-ho

Remark by Madam Lee Hee-ho

Lee Hee-ho | President of Kim Dae-jung Peace Center

Honorable Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon, Chairmen of the Organizing Committee Lim Dong-won, Paik Nak-chung, Jung Se-hyun, and Kim Sung-Jae, and distinguished guests! Welcome!

I am very pleased to have the commemorative seminar and this ceremony celebrating the 12th anniversary of the inter-Korean Summit. I am grateful to the scholars for speaking at and participating in the commemorative seminar today and to Professor Paik Nak-chung for the insightful lecture.

Ladies and gentlemen!

I believe that the 6.15 Joint Declaration signed by President Kim Dae-jung and Chairman Kim Jung-il 12 years ago was a commitment to end the half-century-old division and walk together towards the people's reconciliation and reunification. And the 6.15 Joint Declaration was to announce our will to write new history on the Korean peninsula through South-North collective endeavor.

12 years ago when we watched the 6.15 inter-Korean Summit, we began to grow a hope that we could end the armed division that had shacked us for a long time.

Since then, we had watched sea, air, and land across the border open up, South Korean tourist enjoy the beauty of Mt. Keumgang, the Industrial Complex built in Gaesung, and separated families united, expecting that our careful hope was being realized. Furthermore the 6.15 Declaration was led to the 10.4 Declaration.

With launch of the new administration in 2008, however, the inter-Korean relation has been severely disrupted. The inter-Korean exchange was stopped. Armed clash took place. The fear of war overwhelmed the peninsula. The six party talks discontinued and the efforts to find solution to the North Korean nuclear crisis stopped accordingly. Why are we ended up in this? It is because the new government did not succeed to the 6.15 Joint Declaration and the 10.4 Declaration.

Nothing was earned from the discontinued inter-Korean relation over the last 5 years.

North Korea is still developing nuclear capability, threatening its neighbors. In the mean time, China embraced North Korea deeper into its arms. The tension on the Korean peninsula has been as high as in the cold war era. The past 5 years were the lost years in terms of the inter-Korean relation.

Distinguished guests!

We have to rekindle the flame of hope. We can not pass down the history of division and humiliation that lasted for the past 60 years onto our next generations. We should revive the inter-Korean exchanges, if not unification, because we can't live under the threat of a war or an armed conflict forever.

Marking the 12th anniversary of the 6.15 Joint Declaration, let's commit ourselves to finding a way for inter-Korean cooperation and reconciliation, and try to act on the 6.15 Joint Declaration. In this regard, I will appreciate an opportunity to visit Pyongyang, if am allowed. Most of all we should collect ourselves to help inaugurate a government which is able to promote inter-Korean reconciliation and cooperation through the upcoming presidential election.

Today's event is co-hosted by Seoul Metropolitan City. I would like to express my gratitude to Mayor Park Won-soon for co-hosting endeavor. I hope that Seoul Metropolitan City can make achievements in the inter-Korean exchange projects

together with other local governments.

Let me close my greeting with thanks to all the participants and wish for your health and happiness.

Thank you.

Total 114건 6 페이지
    • RSS
    년도별 기념식 자료 목록
    번호 제목 글쓴이 조회
    39 16주년
    평화센터
    조회 Hit 1582           
    평화센터 1582
    38 10주년
    평화센터
    조회 Hit 1571